How to automatically set up an Office 365 Outlook profile on Mac?
Microsoft Outlook with Exchange connection is configured on Mac for business use. The exchange server is designed solely for business use. Let us have a look at the Outlook configuration steps below.
First, let me tell you about Microsoft applications and their functionality on ios devices like Mac, iPad, and iPhone. Windows and Mac run entirely with different software, and they differ when downloading and installing the applications. Like in Windows, we can access any application for free, but ios will not support every free application. There are differences in the way applications run on both Windows and Mac devices.
Every Windows operating device runs the MS applications in a similar way, while Mac/other ios devices differ in their operation. Since the software is different in both Windows and Mac, the features like application updates, calendar pop-ups and event reminders are displayed differently. Both Windows and Mac are user-friendly and allow you to use the latest versions of Microsoft applications.
Let us look at Microsoft Outlook, a widely used email application for businesses and personal communications because of its user-friendly features. The flexibility it offers made daily collaboration easy. Every Mac user with Office 365 wants to configure Outlook for increased productivity and faster communication.
Microsoft Outlook configuration is simple and quick on any device. Outlook for Mac supports various email clients, including Office 365, Exchange, Gmail, Yahoo, iCloud, and Outlook.com. You can add your Office 365 or Exchange-based Outlook account on Mac with just your email Id and password. You can also combine multiple email accounts with Outlook. With that, you can use all the email options by opening a single Outlook app instead of using multiple sites or web pages.
How to set up Outlook on Mac.
- Go to the Microsoft web page and install Outlook for Mac.
- You can find the downloaded applications in the Applications folder on your Mac.
- Open Outlook and click Get started.
- You will get a dialogue box displaying Sign in to activate Microsoft Office.
- Use your work or personal purchased account details.
- Enter the email Id and password.
- Wait for Office licenses to activate.
- Select a theme for your Office account.
- A dialogue box will appear, asking to add your Office account to Outlook.
- Add the account and enjoy using Outlook on your Mac.
Reminder: You cannot install Outlook for free on Mac unless you sign in for a 30-day free trial. You can use the web version at Outlook.com. The 30-day trial version gives you access to all the applications of Office 365. You can cancel the subscription at any time.
How to set up an ‘Exchange connection’ for Outlook on Mac:
You can configure Outlook to access your Office 365 account with an Exchange connection. Setting up an Exchange connection allows access to your events, tasks, calendars, and reminders in Outlook. Let us have a look at the steps to set up a Microsoft Exchange-based Outlook on Mac.
- Open Outlook on your Mac
- On the Menu, select preferences and click Accounts.
- Select Exchange or Office 365 option.
- To get access to your Exchange account, you have to enter certain information.
- Provide your Email address, which is a registered one.
- It asks for authentication details. You have to enter the Method of authentication (username & password).
- Enter Username and password.
- Select on the ‘Configure automatically’ box below that.
- Click on Add account.
- After clicking on Add account, it asks you to allow Outlook to auto-discover the server to access new settings.
- Click on the option ‘Always use my response for this setting.’
- Your Exchange account is successfully done, and as a result, it shows your account information in the next step.
- You can access Outlook with your Exchange connection to get reminders, tasks, and calendar events.
If you are using Outlook in Offline mode on Mac, Synchronization happens between the Exchange server and client-server. Whenever there is an update or any modification on the client-side or server-side, it will get updated only on the other side. Due to this synchronization, mailboxes will not get updated on either side.
This issue can be resolved with three simple methods.
- First, clear the Outlook cache.
- Secondly, check if the Outlook you are using is offline. Disable the offline mode. Next, check the configuration settings.
- If there is a failed Exchange server connection, rebuild the Outlook on your Mac and wait until the process is over.
Outlook configuration is used for business communications and collaborations that rely on Mac systems. It also provides Exchange and Office 365 connectivity so that you can get the information just like on a Windows device. The Outlook configuration with Exchange connection is addressed precisely. Follow the above mentioned steps to get your Outlook account ready on Mac.